The world of Catchfly and The Songsmiths.
Locations on the Map
- Songsmith College – College town famous for tutoring Songsmiths. Arts of all kinds are taught here. Locations of the Bardic Teachings are an old museum and an antique opulent hotel which houses professors and undergraduates.
- Peeyaa – (Pee-yay) Major market where people come from all around to trade their wares. Fisher Folk come from out west, Mountain Grazen descend, amongst other merchants. Famous for The Log Drop.
- Opuntia’s Clutch – (Oh-pun-shee-ya) Prairie clutch that trade medicinal wares, clams, crabs, and elk meat. Famous for small cacti that grow on the hills above.
- Totem Beach – Landmark easy to see from the shore. First Nations Folk trade exquisitely crafted cedar wares, salmon, crab, best place to get wood carvings.
- Port Tee – A place to avoid, if possible. Generations of mutations have left the inhabitants aggressive and hungry for raw meat.
- K Town – Small port town, major exports logging and wood-related products. Small community of craftsmen and specialty foods.
- Brainbridge – Major port city with a moderately sized market.
- Nomad Subbase – Fortified base and armament for Nomads. Antique equipment is dutifully maintained.
- Tillicum Island – Island community of First Nations, famous for salmon, art, and a pedagogy of place.
- Southworth – Major detainee port for human chattel. Nomads herd people up and keep them at The Farm until transport from Southworth to Grit City. These captives are forced to pick through old garbage heaps for remnants of old bottles that are given to the glass blowers of Vashon to make their acclaimed decorative glass.
- Vashon – Elite socialites live on this large island. Some of the wealthiest live here. They pay top seed for Songsmith entertainment. Known for their decorative glass art, clothing, and glass wares. Glass seed trinkets are all the rage here.
- Grit City – Dangerous city to be at night. Major port for detainees awaiting placement. Also, a major port for trade.
- Tinker Town – Mecca for the mechanically minded. Famous school for learning mech-tech.
- Concretia – (Con-cree-sha) Major city for Nomads, home of Seed Barons and elite Nomads. Exceptionally large trade and salvage port.
- Park City – Major trade port, good for salvage.
- Mukilteo – (Muck-ill-tee-oh) Wealthy relatives of Nomads live here. Like to show off their seed wealth with lavish clothing that incorporates ornate seedwork.
- Gary Oak – One of the strongholds of the Last War. One of the best places to find jadeite, which the elite use for intricately carved seed boxes and seed necklaces.
- South Ferry – A one-time major transportation port, now famous for mussels, arts, and produce.
- Casey – The last stop on the Songsmith’s route. Famous for Claytonia’s Clutch, a community of artists and healers. They send Learners into the mountains on a spiritual quest to bring back the light of knowledge.
- Raven’s Clutch – A small clutch run by a fierce woman named Raven. She seems beautiful, but there’s something off about her.
- Learner’s Aunt – Spiritual place of learning for the Healers of Clutch Folk.
- The Farm – A Nomad holding area for human chattel.
- The Bridge – A Nomad-controlled bridge repaired time and again with old ships lashed to it like splints.
Check out my cast of characters here.
Read the first episode here.
One thought on “The Scablands”